Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Whenever dealing with painting business

Whenever dealing with painting business customers a good thing to remember is to get them to start saying "yes" to you right from the git go. The best way to accomplish this is by asking them questions that they can never reply "NO" to. No is a negative word.

For instance, when you were a kid and you wanted to go out and play you were probably very creative at getting your mom or dad to say yes to you.

The art of getting "yes - yes" answers to anything you ask people keeps them open minded during the sales process whereas a "no" answer to any question you ask them may begin to close their mind due to the negativity of the word "no".

Now I know that when someone calls me to have some painting done that they really want the work done and this yes-no stuff doesn't really matter all that much. But I still use this technique to make my phone calls and estimates run smoothly. I just want to let you be aware of this valuable little secret for your people handling skills.

When someone calls me for a painting estimate I always give him or her a choice of two days and two different times of day for me to come out and do the estimate.

To set up an appointment I always ask them, "Would Monday or Tuesday be better to come over and do the estimate for you?" and "Would mornings be O.K.? Or I can do an afternoon estimate for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment