Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Would George Washington, Thomas Jefferson

Would George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, or hell, Ronald Reagan be proud to call these people their

countrymen, much less supporters?

I’ve overcome my aversion to doing radio sufficiently to schedule two upcoming interviews: a half hour on

Cincinnati’s WAIF-FM, this Thursday at 1 p.m. (you can listen live), and a full hour with the incomparable

Scott Horton on Saturday at 1 p.m. [Note: We're talking Pacific Standard Time, of course.]

In the printed media, check out the upcoming issue of Chronicles magazine, where you can read my take on the

Tom DeLay scandal. And be sure to get hold of The American Conservative magazine, where you can read my review

of Stephen Cox’s excellent book, The Woman and the Dynamo: Isabel Paterson and the Idea of America.

People are getting worked up about peak oil theory. I’ll reply to some of the deluge of mail in the next day or

two but first, three things:

(1) Lawnorder, the blogger at Daily Kos who I wrote about in “Oil and Instinct,” has written a follow-up

posting (“Peak Oil Myth and the Easter Island ecological disaster“) in which she corrects a previous (and

unintentional) misrepresentation of my perspective on peak oil theory, while still disagreeing with my

perspective. I guess this shows that it actually is possible to have a polite blog debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment