Thursday, March 24, 2011

On the bright side, here’s something that

On the bright side, here’s something that, as far as we know, you can still say with relative certainty:

It wasn’t as bad as Saddam

Maybe that makes you feel better, or is all you need to know. It seems to be more than enough for the likes of rightie-come-lately, Dennis Miller, who continues the rightwing tradition of making hilarious torture jokes:

MILLER: I’m sorry, those pictures from the Abu Ghraib. At first, they, like infuriated me, I was sad. Then like, a couple days later, MBT chapater they cut the guy’s [Nick Berg] head off, they didn’t seem like much. And now, I like to trade them with my friends.


And of course, he was taking his lead from Rush Limbaugh (same link as Miller):
LIMBAUGH:“The media ought to start making some money off these pictures and videos, not just publishing them free. We need some prison torture, you know, bubble gum cards … you know, like I say, we got baseball cards and bubble gum. Now let’s have terror cards — only let’s show our prison abuse photos instead of the terrorists and who they are and what they do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment