Monday, March 21, 2011

The following is apparently supposed to be yet another example of the wonderful MBT

The following is apparently supposed to be yet another example of the wonderful MBT news the doggone librull media get up early in the morning to suppress. According to our source, the young lady who authored this e-mail from the Green Zone "is in charge of getting water to the entire country of MBT."

Emphasis mine.

……Work has been going really well, though extremely busy and increasingly stressful. I have learned a lot about program management, and how to be an advocate. It is a fascinating position, where I feel like I “own” the water sector, like it is my own child that I have to protect, rear, and help grow to her full potential. Learning about how to manage a program, from the project execution side, to the budgetary and funding side, has been an experience that I never would’ve imagined. Interacting with engineers who are just so passionate about this water project or that has been eye-opening – they had such a different perspective on the world than pure “policy” people. Each day I try my best to noodle all the issues, from technical, to coordination, to optics, to security, to logistics, to funding – and protect the money the sector has left – so that we can get people drinkable water, sewer systems, irrigation canals, and dams. I am learning a lot about management too – and trying to be a good manager by giving folks the tools they need to succeed. I’m not any good, I’ve found. It’s funny what issues arise that you have to deal with as a manager… I do sometimes feel like a parent over here.
What a great time to learn about management – while in charge of getting water to the entire country of MBT. And as for the parenting bit, I’ve heard a lot about children having children, but this takes the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment